Sunday, February 7, 2016

Club Reports: Independent Bar, Treehouse, Gilt Nightclub

After recent weekends in Canada and Argentina, it was great to be home on a Saturday night so I could visit my favorites.  Like Independent Bar!
Saturday nights at I-Bar mean DJ Indie John is in the booth.....
.....the floor is packed.....
.....and everyone is dancing to early to mid-80's New Wave!
Spotted in the booth with John: Blog favorites CJ & Ah-Sandra.
Later joined by Leah & DeAnn!
It's the music where everybody knows the words!
Locate the stairs and climb-up into the Treehouse!
Very small room but always crowded!  No DJ, just background music.
Of course the main attraction at Treehouse is grabbing a drink and chilling picnic-style down on the grass floor!
Although you can stand if you prefer.
Next stop Gilt Nightclub over near airport ORL.
DJ Alex Wood was in the booth when I arrived.
Cold night, rainy night, Candyland playing at Venue 578.  I thought I would be here with 5 other people but omg, the place was packed!
And at 12:40AM, there he was!  DJ Claptone (D).
And for the next two hours he would put on an amazing all-House set of music!
Just about all non-vocal House, people were bouncing all over the place!
Yes they were!
Packed to the rafters!  Who knew?
Claptone is from Berlin, a city I used to live in as a child when my father was in the U.S. Army stationed there.
True fans brought their Claptone masks!
The peeps want House music.
You can never go wrong with Go Go girls!
Like I said!
Playing hit "Cream".
A good time was had by all!

No comments: