Friday, July 10, 2015

Demi Lovato - Cool For The Summer


I am so focused on the various genres of EDM that I am generally clueless when it comes to plain old Top 40 music.  A friend recently mentioned Ariana Grande to me.  Who?  How about Iggy Azalea?  Nope, never heard of her either.  Demi Lovato?  Yes, now that's a name I had heard of before but only because of her prior connections to Disney.  But I couldn't name a single song she's ever released.  But there's been a growing fuss about her new song released last week, "Cool for the Summer" with it's Katy Perry "kiss a girl" hipness. So I had to give it a listen. Go ahead and take a bite of that cherry. Happy weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be very glad you don't keep up with the cheese that is top 40. You're better off not knowing. ;)

DJMadManRay said...

I disagree..there is some good "top 40", including some EDM which has been making it's mark on the "top 40" charts. DJ Snake and Skrillex are on the charts. And, I kind of like Adam Lambert's "Ghost Town" ..not EDM, but..Lol!