Sunday, July 27, 2014

Club Reports: Independent Bar, Sound Bar

"Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody, I've got some money 'cause I just got paid."-Cat Stevens.  And spending it at a couple of my favorite Saturday night places beginning with I-Bar.
Finding DJ Smilin' Dan in the booth playing a great mix of DJ Rob Video Vault classics along with the more-familiar early 80's New Wave hits.  Lighting tech Ernie at the rear.
The dance floor did get more crowded than this but overall not as many patrons as we normally see here. No cover on Saturday nights until 11pm and then just $5 guys/$3 girls. After an hour, moved onward.
To Sound Bar of course.  Cover here varies depending on the DJ and it varies from $0 to $10; last night $5.
Arrived just in time for resident DJ Monsanto (right) to be turning the controls over to guest DJ Patrick M (USA).
House music of course and this guy is a master at it!
Small club was packed!
Nearly always run into people I know here from my "spot" along the wall!
Originally from Argentina but now residing in Miami, he's played at Nikki Beach, Crobar, Mynt and many more clubs there.
A lot of screams from the crowd as he built up and crashed various selections that included both vocal and nonvocal songs!
And a good time was had by all!

No comments: