Friday, December 9, 2011

Club Reports: Dexter's, Independent Bar

I like to drop in to Dexter's in Lake Mary / Heathrow every few months to see how they're doing.
They're actually doing pretty good, thank you for asking!
On Thursdays only DJ Michael Knight brings in his pretty sophisticated DJ equipment including lasers, fog and awesome speakers and puts out a mostly Dance mix that includes 80's, Disco and current Top 40.
Always plenty of good scenery made up of locals from the area and visitors from the nearby business hotels.
Dexter's is located just west of I-4 at the exit with CR 46A. An Irish pub across the street does good business too but the Senor Frogs that was there has gone out of business!
Knight likes to tell me during my visits that he's not allowed to play Hip Hop but he then promptly plays a Hip Hop set, lol!
Which does crowd the dance floor!
Haven't been to I-Bar on a Thursday night in a long time so needed to check that out too.
The Thursday night music is 180-degrees different than Saturday nights as resident DJ Smilin' Dan puts out what I would describe as Hollister music, Indie Pop and Indie Rock.
Similar to Saturdays, Thursdays are packed!
But different than Saturdays, the crowd is much younger. I'd say 25 and under wouldn't be far off. I didn't recognize any of the music but I could tell many there did. But this song below stopped me dead in my tracks and I had to go back up and ask Dan what it was. This is the Magician remix of  "I Follow Rivers" by singer Lykke Li (S). This Trance/Dance song was supposedly huge this past summer in Europe although I never ran into it.


No comments: