Friday, November 18, 2011

Club Report: Roxy Night Club (DJ ATB)

Roxy Night Club, a place where a lot of big name DJ's make appearances. I had not been in here though since I saw DJ Robbie Rivera (USA) last year!  CLICK ON ANY PICTURE TO ENLARGE ALL PICTURES.

I never got the name of this guy who opened directly in front of ATB but he was excellent!

He had the dance floor packed and moving.

Playing both vocal and non-vocal House and Trance.

Both the main floor and upper deck were full.



About 12:30am guest DJ ATB (D) took over and then took the club to a new level!

The already-crowded dance floor promptly became impassible!

He would play for the next 90+ minutes.



He toyed with the crowd by twice playing the first bar of his greatest hit song "9pm (Till I Come)" but he would move onto a different song, saving the blockbuster for much later in the evening!

Spotted: DJ David Baez, one half of the Paradox Brothers (Bikkuri Lounge, Roxy) DJ team.
Take a close look at the shirt ATB was wearing last night and then compare it to the shirt he was wearing in the video for his hit "Could You Believe" at the end of this article.

Great show!  First time I've seen ATB and he exceeded my expectations.  Thanks to JeffHTG (Insomniac) for some great shots! 


4 comments:

DJMadManRay said...

Looks like the same shirt to me....

KingBob said...

Yes, looks the same to me too.

Anonymous said...

That pretty blond in the front row (at the right) over the copy that says "Both the main floor and upper deck were full" is my daughter, Stephanie. I am proud to say that she is a second generation EDM fan having heard me playing it her whole life! I started going to Mannequins when she was 2 years old. She just turned 21 and we had always planned to spend her 21st birthday in Mannequins but that was not meant to be.

KingBob said...

Incredible that her picture showed up here on the Blog! This past summer I posted a 70's Night club picture I took on a cruise ship in the Baltic off Russia and afterwards someone emailed me and pointed out his wife standing in the background! Small world. Happy 21 to Stephanie and thanks for writing in.