Tuesday, February 8, 2011

International Dance Music Awards

Winter Music Conference is next month in Miami Beach and the nominees have been announced for the annual International Dance Music Awards. YOU can vote. Simply go to: http://www.wintermusicconference.com/idmaballot/finalballot/
Choose from the nominees listed under each category. Skip categories if you're not familiar with the choices. You will need to give your email address and you won't get spam. However, once you submit your ballot, you receive an email which you must acknowledge in order to confirm your votes. You will receive email next year about Winter Music Conference and future voting opportunities. Vote for your favorite DJ's and dance music artists.

8 comments:

EasyEddy said...

Is Phoebe in this?

zulemara said...

the only time I'll say CRAP I'm gonna be on a Disney cruise! I really wanted to go this year.

Anonymous said...

I say crap your going on a Disney cruise! that's right fatten the RAT!

KingBob said...

Is Phoebe in what?

Zule, Winter Music Conference and Ultra Fest are usually together however this year they are apart. WMC is near the beginning of March while Ultra is near the end of March. If you're talking about going to Ultra, you can still go.

With that new ship, even I want to give her a try once prices settle down a bit.

Dj Smooth said...

I'm waiting to see how bad WMC is this year.. They have it too early in March, not in a hotel and not on the same week as Ultra.

3 strikes..you're out...

KingBob said...

There are several stories floating around about the break up of WMC and Ultra. I don't like it and many of the DJ's don't like it. Is there a powerplay going on?

Dj Smooth said...

Yeah I heard the power play is coming from Ultra. Something to do with trying to lock the talent into contracts that if they play at Ultra Festival, they can't play anywhere else during that time period..or something like that. That would of course cause a lot of problems if Ultra and WMC were still in the same week.

I'm not really sure what's going on...supposedly the people at WMC said that Ultra changed the dates at the last minute but you don't move something as big as Ultra Festival "at the last minute".

I want to wait and see what the fallout is from this year before I decide to go in 2012.

I'll probably just go back up to Buffalo for a weekend this spring instead and hang with my buddies at Kiss 98.5..maybe do a little live mixing from the station..

KingBob said...

I've had a hotel room booked in Miami for Ultra for a LONG time so I don't think it was Ultra that moved any dates.

I recognize Kiss 98.5 (WKSE Buffalo) from my visits to the Niagara frontier! Prefer CHUM Toronto though. Actually, if my rental car has satellite, I prefer BPM!