Friday, March 5, 2010

PI Update: Spring Break!!

You can tell that Spring Break has arrived. The normal Friday afternoon congestion on I-4 was as crazy as it gets. It took me a full hour to drive from my office in Maitland to Disney World. (It normally takes 30-minutes.) Because what better place to spend a sunny afternoon in the mid-60's than Pleasure Island!

I-4 was gridlock from Universal Blvd. to Lake Buena Vista. (photo upper left) Not a lot to report on the Island. The outdoor artifacts are still beside Adventurers Club and the building is still standing.

CLICK ON PHOTOS TO ENLARGE
About the only interesting thing was that Motion was set-up in a banquet format again. This was not there the last time I peeked in so apparently the building is getting used by someone. I'd rent it out if they'd let me so we could have a PI Reunion actually on the island. Or if they'd just reopen the place themselves. Think of the revenue they could make between now and Easter over the various Spring Breaks!

No comments: