Sunday, March 7, 2010

Club Report: The Groove


CLICK ON PHOTOS TO ENLARGE
I've been a regular at The Groove ever since Pleasure Island closed and I can't recall a larger crowd at than I experienced last night. In fact, all the clubs were absolutely jammed with really long lines outside. I stayed in TG the entire night, not certain I could get back in if I left. Regular resident Saturday night DJ AJ had the night off so Thursday/80's Night DJ Doc Wells filled-in.

There was a large contingent of Motion/Atlantic Dance Hall regulars on hand. They appeared to enjoy the music but did not have the space they're used to at ADH to do their dance routines.

DJ Talie (Motion/ADH/Celebrate Tonight/Animal Kingdom) visited with DJ Doc (8TRAX/ADH) in the booth for a few minutes. The Groove may be the hottest dance club in town right now overall; the people I chatted with were a mix of locals and tourists, similar to what PI used to draw.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

great update, all i can remember is not being able to "move in the groove" tonight!!!

The Legend said...

I'm sure the groove being packed was a result of the Akon concert at Mardi Gras at the theme park right next door (which was a blast by the way).

Good to see business is good at the clubs.

Brian said...

I have been to the groove @ Mardi Gras as well 3 years ago (when PI was still open) and it get very packed on that time of the year

KingBob said...

Yeah, I did not go to the Akon concert but I heard it was great. And yes, a LOT of those people stayed-on to the CityWalk clubs.

Daisy said...

I've never seen it so packed to merit opening the upstairs. Was the upstairs open?

KingBob said...

Yes, upstairs was open last night.