Saturday, December 19, 2009

New Years Eve: EPCOT

See my December 5th entry below for the major New Years Eve options around Orlando. Not mentioned there, but added by popular demand here, is the EPCOT option. I didn't originally include it because I don't consider it a night club option. And let me start off with the negatives. If you don't have an AP, it's expensive. If you're not there by 5pm, you're probably not getting in because the park will be at capacity. There are so many people that they have to open side gates and let people walk on the outer road behind the pavilions. Waiting times for the rides are 2 hours plus. I've done it, it's not pleasant. But let me tell you the positives. The atmosphere is incredible. You get the NYE edition of Illuminations and the midnight fireworks. But best of all, you get great techno and lighting as only Disney can deliver it. Outside the China pavilion you'll have former Mannequins DJ Dominick Morrison (shown, upper left) (Vintage/Nikki Beach Club) and outside the Italy pavilion you get DJ Mark Sanchez (Suite B). Dominick told me that Sanchez plays a harder House mix where his is more of a Mannequins mix. The videos below describe it better than I can. It's definitely a NYE option!



8 comments:

zulemara said...

The music and dancing in the pavillions are awesome! Last time I was there I was staking out my fireworks spot instead of drinking and dancing and I regret that! I haven't decided where I'm going this year, but EPCOT is one option I'm still considering.

KingBob said...

I've already committed to a lot of people that I'm going to ADH that night so that's where I'll be. With DJ Tony Z at the helm, it should also be a great night! I hear he's going to be playing some Mannequins music!

Club Master. said...

I am going to the same place as i have been for the past 5 years which is Epcot Italy. Every year they add new lights and more fog machines, I hear that Disney is adding the CO2 that Mannequins had in pleasure island so I will be enjoying those. I will be the guy in the front with Glow sticks raving and partying, I tell ya in my opinion and i whent to pleasure island alot! Disney epcot is the #1 spot if your into the house, techno, trance, breaks style music. Plus there is soo much more other music out there like latin style music at the united kingdom and in worlds showcase is today hip hop style. And again every country has different style of music with different lights and sounds. and for $70 with cast member discount, its like 7 different clubs. now magic kingdom is the only park that stays open till 4am to party but i dont belive there is any dancing there only epcot but epcot is open till 2am. partying kicks off at 8pm and at 6:30pm they start giving out the hats and noise makers. And please if your really wanting a good place to go too with different choices to party and want to be safe and have fun choose disney, i recommend it 100%. plus its once a year thing disney does , so if they see alot of people partying and if people request them to bring back pleasure island then perhaps this is our one shot to tell the entertainment staff that. king bob might suggest people who plan to party at disney to mention pleasure island and how they miss it. It wont hurt to try. Disney says people want more shopping and dining experience but yet over 50,000 people go to party at Epcot!! go figure :P

KingBob said...

Thanks, Clubmaster. It does sound Awesome and the YouTube videos prove that too. (I hear CM's can't get in free this year.) Hope for some great weather that night! Not too warm, not too cool....and NO RAIN!

Anonymous said...

Damn you guys. I was all set on Citywalk and now you have me thinking about ADH and Epcot. What's a middle-aged guy who can't let go of the beats to do? :)

ClubMaster said...

epcot is cheaper then citywalk, and yes citywalk has food included it wont be as awesome as epcot, but go for what you think is best.

Clubmaster said...

btw to what i said above, citywalk will only have a few techno mixes played with the regular hip hop /top 40.

KingBob said...

Actually at CityWalk, NYE is a Thursday night and DJ Doc Wells from 8TRAX is the DJ at The Groove.....so I would expect it to be the usual 80's Night. So no techno at CityWalk unless DJ Leony does a few of his House sets at Latin Quarter.