Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Breaking News: Changes at PI Won't Be Finished Until 2012


Orlando Sentinel writer Jason Garcia reports that tucked inside a Disney report to federal regulators is a mention about Pleasure Island changes not being completed until 2012! Read the article for full but all-to-brief details:

http://thedailydisney.com/blog/2009/12/changes-at-pleasure-island-wont-be-finished-until-2012/

I have inputted the following response on Sentinel website and I encourage all of you to respond on their website too: When they announced that PI clubs were closing, the official announcement said changes were going to occur over 2 years. We are now well-beyond 1 year yet NO changes have taken place on Pleasure Island in any of the 7 former comedy or dance club buildings. Now they are saying changes will be completed by 2012 which means it took 4 years! But they can't tell you what even 1 change is going to be let alone 7 changes. Because quite likely, Disney doesn't even know what they're going to do with the place.

5 comments:

zulemara said...

CLEAN UP THIS MESS!

Anonymous said...

4 yrs? This "new" island better be amazing. Somehow though I'm excpecting more disapointment.

Anonymous said...

It doesn't matter what they do I am allready disappointed!!!! I allways thought that PI was the clubs. I liked the the way it used to be you had to buy a ticket to get on the island in or out of the clubs! in my opinion thats what started the down fall of PI!!!!!
and with no billboards ads no news paper ads and no flyers what did they think was going to happen!
just SAD! was a very safe place to park your car and walk and be!
now I don't care if Disney ever does anything with "PI" why should the old PI people it's over and will never be the same with out the clubs I will never caopm back no reason to!

Ken said...

"Breaking News....2012" - I thought Nostradomus (sp) already predicted this :)

zulemara said...

RRBC sign has been removed