Tuesday, June 2, 2009

PI Update


The Adventurers Club was open this past Saturday night for some type of private event. We don't think it was a private rental but more like an award ceremony of some sort for an employee. About 30 people came out afterwards. The photo shows some of the lucky attendees prior to the club opening. PHOTO BY THOMMY



Rumor has it that Paradiso 37 will have a soft unadvertised opening this Thursday and that the next project on Pleasure Island is the demolition of Rock'n'Roll Beach Club.



My fortune cookie today stated that I will have FULL CONTENTMENT BY SUMMERS END. This is a very good omen since summer doesn't end until late September which kind of coincides with the PI closure last year......and perhaps a club reopening or two this year? Fortune cookies are accurate, aren't they?

5 comments:

zulemara said...

I really need a life....
FYI it must be a soft opening thursday cuz they are not open yet. IDK when the grand opening will be

Anonymous said...

I can only imagine how many people are going to show up at PI to go clubbing this gay days weekend to only find out - CLOSED! I would hate to be in Guest Relations this weekend!

KingBob said...

While the closure of PI is widely known, I agree with you. A lot of people don't keep track of the scene and will only hear about it once they arrive here. There are going to be a LOT of disappointed (if not upset) people this weekend!

zulemara said...

a LOT and I mean A LOT of people have NO CLUE it's closed! Stand at PI at night and just listen to guests talking and it's painfully obvious people don't have a clue. For some people it's a once every 5 year vacation destination. For me, it's life, but for those who only come once in a while, they will have no clue!

I hope every single one of them complains to a manager at guest relations. Not just a frontline CM, but a manager and I hope it goes higher than that. Maybe Mr Lansberry should walk the island this weekend and see what his "bold new vision" has created!

Michael said...

Oh how I would love to be one of those lucky people at the Adventurers Club...I wish Disney wouldn't be so hard-headed about reopening PI.